The STUF 300R ultrasonic thermal energy meter provides abundant capabilities for accurate thermal energy measurement of a liquid-based thermal energy production / transferring system. It is the 3rd generation energy meter from Shenitech. Compared to its predecessors, the 3rd generation offers better performance and a richer feature set, all at a lower price.
The STUF 300R system is consisted of a high performance ultrasonic flowmeter EF10 and a pair of standard PT100 temperature sensors.
The ultrasonic flowmeter is based on our cutting-edge clamp-on flow measurement technology, which is capable of measuring the flow from outside of a pipe accurately and reliably. Due to the non-intrusive nature of this technology, there is no pipe cutting, no moving parts, no pressure drop, no leaks and no risk of contamination. Besides, the installation is simple and requires no special skills or tools.
The two PT100 sensors, which could be either insertion type or surface-mounting type, are used to measure the temperature of the supply flow and the return flow. The energy consumption rate is then calculated based on the temperature difference and the measured flowrate. A built-in energy totalizer is used to accumulate the amount of energy delivered.
STUF 300R provides versatile input/output interfaces, such as isolated digital outputs, relay output, batch control, alarm, 4-20mA output. In addition, the built-in isolated RS-485 port with surge protection and MODBUS support makes remote energy monitoring and energy meter networking easy and reliable. Other output modules, such as BACnet module, Ethernet module, GSM/GPRS wireless module, RF module and more, can be added to the standard package.
STUF 300R is an ideal choice for improving HVAC, energy production and building energy efficiency in terms of heating, cooling ventilation and air-conditioning.
- Non-intrusive thermal energy/BTU measurement
- Easy and economical installation; no pipe work required
- No moving parts to wear and tear; no maintenance required
- Industrial grade temperature sensors and ultrasonic sensors for improved robustness
- Paired PT100 RTD sensors and ultrasonic transducers for improved accuracy
- Suitable for pure liquids and liquids with some particles; no dependency on conductivity
- Suitable for all commonly used pipes
- Bi-directional flowmeasurement
- Seamless integration of temperature and flow so as to deliver a complete energy metering solution
- High-performance; abundant input/output features, such as 4-20mA, relay, alarm, task scheduler, batch controller and more
- Totalizers for flow, energy, daily energy and monthly energy
- Large data logger for recording multiple variables (optional)
- Communication: RS485/MODBUS. Optional GPRS, GSM, RF wireless
- Compatible with the uGalaxy telemetry system for centralized energy distribution management
The entire installation and system tuning was completed within two days time, therefore a quick andeconomical installation. This is only possible with non-intrusive clamp-on ultrasonic technology. The fact that the size of the pipe was as large as 24 , one can only imagine how expensive and labor intensive it would have been to use another type of technology, i.e., mechanical flowmeter or magnetic flowmeter. STUF 300R BTU meter resulted with saving the customer major installation costs and quickly delivered most favorable results.
In summary, the benefits of the Shenitech Metering STUF 300R energy metering system include:
- Non-intrusive installation thereby significantly saving money and time, in particular for large size pipes
- No moving parts, thus, almost no maintenance, thereby savingmaintenance costs
- Accurate flow and BTU measurement improves chiller plant control
- Real-time data and balancing information to improve system efficiency
- Continuous monitoring of flow, temperature, and energy transportation guarantees system performance along with providing alarm for potential risk or energy leakage
Shenitech Metering Clamp-on Wall-mount Ultrasonic Thermal Energy Meter, STUF 300R-C.